Hi there!

Welcome to my secondary blog. This is mostly where I'll be posting what I've written/created. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry, you're not alone-**I** barely understand half of this myself. Questions? Don't be afraid to ask in the comments! If you're looking for/interested in my regular blog, here ya go: http://chaosrulesmesoclosethebox.blogspot.com/

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Here comes NaNo!!

"I hope your chair falls apart and someone throws an apple at your head."

“I hope your chair falls apart and someone throws an apple at your head!” Tesa yelled as she ran from the room.
I slapped my own forehead and muttered as I cleaned up the ink.
“Bothersome, incompetent, lazy, rude, ignorant beast of a princess! Ugh!”
I looked up and saw Ari in the doorway. She was hiding her smile behind her hand, listening to me curse Tesa to a lonely island with various other unpleasantries. She walked in and helped me clean up, pausing occasionally to admire something. I watched her, curious.
Ari was fascinated by everything. She used a fork to curl her hair the other day; a week ago I caught her marveling at the music box Eric gave her, then trying to twirl around the room, nearly breaking her face. She was also terribly maladroit – I could sympathize with that – and it was not unusual to hear something break only to discover she was behind it and was trying to put it back together, all the while looking at you with the sweetest face.
The girl wasn’t a normal princess, but we had been unable to figure out where she had come from. She had all the manners and figurative grace of a princess, but no one had responded to a missing princess when we sent the letters. Ari being mute, she could not tell us where she was from, but from pictures she has drawn and the way she reacts to the sea, we gather she is from a foreign island country.
She had painting a landscape the past few days, each day adding more and more detail to it. So far, she had created an elaborate castle, surrounded by seaweed and coral and fish. Yes, fish-not in the moat surrounding, but rather in the air around it. It was a beautiful painting, but it makes no sense! I have been examining it every day to try and figure out just what she means by it, but so far have gathered nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment